Monday, October 31, 2016

A Witch Hat For My Kitty And Free Pattern!


Hello! This morning I decided to crochet my kitty, Ziggy a little witch hat for Halloween! It was very quick and easy to make and he is so cute in it! He's such a silly kitty and he was in a very playful mood this morning, but I was able to get a few good pictures of him in it, and I can't believe it!

Scroll down for the free pattern!



Ziggy is always sticking his tongue out at me so it's no surprise that I caught a picture of him with his tongue out! LOL

I hope ya'll have a great Halloween! Stay safe!




Witch Hat 

Materials

Red Heart Super Saver in Black
Caron Simply Soft Party in Purple
Size G crochet hook
Darning needle
Scissors
Measuring Tape

Fits

Kitten/Cats with a head circumference of about 8.5 inches

Abbreviations

Ch: chain
Sl st: slip stitch
sc: single crochet
2sc: single crochet increase (put 2 single crochets into the same stitch.)
BLO: back loop only
dc: double crochet

The Witch Hat
With Purple

R1: Working in  a spiral with a stitch marker, Make a loose slip knot and chain 1, put 4 sc into the loose slip knot or magic ring. Do not slip stitch. =4

R2: 2 sc in each stitch around. =8

R3: sc in each stitch around. =8

R4-R5: Repeat R3

R6: *2sc in the next stitch, sc in the next stitch.* Repeat from the star all around. =12

R7: sc in each stitch around. =12

R8-R9: Repeat R3

R10: 2sc in BLO in each stitch around. =24

R11: *2sc in the next stitch, sc in the next stitch.* Repeat from the star all around. =36

Sl st to the first sc and cut the yarn. Weave in the ends but leave a tail for sewing to the bottom of the hat.

Bottom of the Hat



With black

R1: Make a loose slip knot or a magic ring and ch 2 (does not count as a dc), put 14 dc into the loose slip knot and sl st to the first dc of the round. =14

R2: Ch 20, skip 4 stitches, sc in the next 3 stitches, ch 20, skip 3 stitches, and sc in the next 3 stitches. Sl st and cut the yarn. Weave in the ends and add ties to the loops to tie under the kitty's chin.



Copyright ©2016 Alexandra Halsey
You may sell any finished items, but I do request that you put a link back to my pattern and credit Alexandra Halsey for the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. Do not copy, share, download or publicly display this pattern without permission.

I hope ya'll like this pattern and if ya'll make a cute little hat for your kitty, I would LOVE to see! Post pictures to my facebook page or tag me on instagram @_with_alex and you can also use the hashtag #hatformycatwithalex

Thanks a bunch!

Soft hugs and