Friday, May 5, 2017

How To Make Unicorn Hoof Bath Bombs!



Hello! I love taking baths, lighting candles, playing some music, turning the lights low and now I love adding a bath bomb to my bath as well! I tried my first bath bomb not too long ago, and I fell in love with them! I love watching them fizz, how they make my bath smell and I love how they make my skin feel! After buying a few bath bombs, I decided to try making my own and I came up with these pretty little bath bombs that I am calling Unicorn Hoof Bath Bombs! Scroll down for the written instructions and the video tutorial.


My first attempt at making bath bombs did not turn out how I expected. The instructions that I followed did not specify to sprinkle the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients. I dumped my wet ingredients on my dry ingredients and set the citric acid off. The bath bombs continued to grow after I put them in the muffin pan. The molds that I only filled the bottom of, kept growing until they were completely full and the molds that I completely filled, overflowed. I had to clean up the mess several times before they stopped expanding. So, do not add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients too fast! Sprinkle as you go!



But I did figure it out and now I'm sharing the instructions with ya'll!








Unicorn Hoof Bath Bombs

Makes 6 bath bombs

Ingredients

  • 1 cup of baking soda
  • 1/2 cup of citric acid
  • 1/2 cup of corn starch
  • 1/2 cup of epsom salts
  • 2.5 tablespoons of coconut oil, olive oil or whatever oil you prefer
  • 3/4 teaspoon of water
  • 3 teaspoons of essential oil
  • Food coloring 


Directions

First, line the muffin pan with plastic wrap.

In a mixing bowl, add the baking soda, citric acid, corn starch and epsom salts.

Stir with a spoon or spatula that is completely dry. If the spoon/spatula is not dry, the citric acid will get set off.

In a separate bowl, add the olive oil or whatever oil you prefer, water, and essential oil. Stir this mixture with a spoon.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients by sprinkling the wet mixture onto the dry mixture and use your hands to mix it so that you do not set off the citric acid. When you are done, the mixture should still feel and look relatively dry, but when you squeeze it, it should stick together.

Divide the mixture into 4 bowls and leave some in the mixing bowl for white.

Add and mix in the food coloring.

Spoon the different colors of bath bomb mixture, one at a time until the molds are full. As they get full,use a clean metal spoon to push them down and fill them some more.

Let them dry for about 24 hours, carefully remove from the muffin pan and put them into separate sandwich bags to store them.

Enjoy!


If you make your own bath bombs, I would LOVE to see! Post pictures to my facebook page or tag me on instagram @_with_alex

What is your favorite scent to use to make bath bombs?

I hope ya'll are having a wonderful day!

Soft hugs and Never Give Up! <3Alex