Thursday, June 28, 2018

June KnitCrate and SockCrate Review



Hello! The lovely people at KnitCrate sent me the June KnitCrate and SockCrate to review for ya'll. I can't tell you how exciting it is to get crates from KnitCrate. When I see those teal boxes in my mailbox, my heart skips a beat and I can't wait to open them and see what yarn and patterns are in them. If you would like to see me open the boxes, click here to go to my unboxing video. If not, scroll down to see the beautiful yarn and patterns that I received and to find out about the wonderful deal that KnitCrate has until June 30th!

Before I show you what I got in this month's crates, let me explain about KnitCrate a little bit. KnitCrate is a wonderful company that offers monthly subscription "crates" and they have several options to choose from.

The first option, is the KnitCrate and it comes with 2 skeins of beautiful yarn, a crochet pattern, and a knit pattern. It is $24.99 and that includes free, worldwide shipping.


The second option, is the Sock Crate and it comes with a skein of gorgeous yarn and a knit pattern. It is $19.95 and that includes free, worldwide shipping.


The next option, is the Artisan Crate and it comes with 2 skeins of indie premium yarn, a beginner knitting pattern, an advanced/intermediate knitting pattern, and a bonus gift. It is $39.99 and that includes free, worldwide shipping.


Another option, is the Artisan Sock Crate and it comes with 1 skein of indie premium sock yarn, a sock knitting pattern and a bonus gift. It is $27.99 and includes free, worldwide shipping.


The last option is new and is not a monthly subscription. The ArtYarns Luxe Crate is $99.99 and it is a quarterly subscription that is delivered every 3 months. It comes with luxurious and premium wholes skeins of hand dyed yarns by ArtYarns, 1 exclusively designed knitting pattern by Iris Schreier, plus 1-2 notions and extras!


Besides the crates that KnitCrate has to offer they also have a shop full of yarn, project kits, patterns, tools and supplies. Check out their website for more information and to check out their shop.

Now without further adieu, let's look inside the June KnitCrate and Sock Crate! Or if you would rather watch my unboxing video, here it is too!


First, I opened the June KnitCrate and I was completely blown away! The yarn is a beautiful seafoam or light teal and it is almost the same exact color as the box. I have been obsessed with this color for awhile and it has become one of my favorite colors ever! The yarn is so pretty and it is also extremely soft and luxurious. It will be wonderful and fun to work with.


This beautiful yarn is Vidalana by KnitCrate and the colorway is called Chewies.


It is a fingering weight yarn that is made from 75% superwash merino, 15% nylon and 10% cashmere and it is incredibly soft and luxurious. 


Each skein has 437 yards (400 meters) and is 100 grams or 4 ounces. 


All Vidalana yarns are exclusively hand dyed for KnitCrate. 



The June KnitCrate was inspired by Ice Scream, the fresh neons and icy brights will have you screaming for more and they certainly do. The other colorways that you could receive in this month's KnitCrate are all beautiful and the colors definitely pop!




The patterns in the June KnitCrate are absolutely stunning and I think these colorways are perfect with them! They are definitely eye catching garments to wear this summer that will have everyone asking you where you got them.


The knit pattern, Minty Fresh, was designed by Taiga Hilliard and it is a beautiful shawl. The leaf details make this shawl elegant while the added fringe makes it fun too.


I think this is a perfect shawl for summer nights by a campfire while roasting marshmallows or lounging around on the sofa while a thunderstorm rages outside or it could even be a fun accessory while listening to music at a summer music festival.


The crochet pattern, Lemoncello, was designed by Kalurah Hudson and it is a very cute poncho. I think this is a fun top and I love the wavy design and the tassels.


This would be a great top to where to a summer barbecue or you could even throw this on over a bathing suit at the beach.


The June KnitCrate is amazing and the June Sock Crate is no less amazing. When I opened the box, I was astounded by the beautiful colors of the yarn. It is a mixture of blues, purples, violets, and some light blues as well.


This gorgeous yarn is Knitologie by KnitCrate and the colorway is called Mirrors.


 It is a fingering weight yarn and it is made from 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon and is also incredibly soft and luxurious.


It has 400 yards (366 meters) and is 100 grams or 4 ounces.


All Knitologie yarns are exclusively hand dyed for KnitCrate. 


This month's Sock Crate was also inspired by Ice Scream.


The knitting pattern, Ski Slope, by Jo Torr is a cute little sock that would be perfect to wear on summer nights spent under the stars or summer mornings while reading a book.


The yarn works up so pretty with this pattern and I absolutely love it.






If you sign up before June 30th you can receive a FREE crate! So, if you purchase an Ice Scream themed KnitCrate membership, you will also get a contemporary themed KnitCrate for FREE! How wonderful is that?


I think KnitCrate is a wonderful company and their "crates" are so much fun to get in the mail and the yarn and patterns that come with them are beautiful and amazing. If you would like to try KnitCrate, you can use this code at checkout to receive 20% off of your first crate and I think you should!


Will you be trying KnitCrate? Have you tried KnitCrate? What is your favorite colorway that you have received so far? Comment below :)

I hope ya'll are having a wonderful day!

Disclaimer: KnitCrate did send me the KnitCrate and Sock Crate to review. I did not purchase these products but these are my honest opinions.