Saturday, October 8, 2016

Crochet Cat Ears Video Tutorial And Free Pattern!


I was trying to decide what to be for Halloween this year and I just could not decide. Then I thought about it for awhile and realized how fun it would be to match my sweet Ziggy! So I decided to be a black cat, meow :) I knew I wanted to have a lacy black crocheted cat ear headband so I set out on figuring out how to accomplish it and I think I did a pretty good job. I love them so much that I've decided to share them with ya'll!




For the video tutorial on how to crochet the cat ears, click here. Scroll down for the written instructions or click here to purchase the pdf.


Let's get started!


Materials For The Cat Ears

Size E (3.5 mm) crochet hook
Size 10 black crochet thread
Scissors

Abbreviations

dc: double crochet
tc: triple crochet

The Pattern

R1: Make a loose slip knot or a magic circle or however you want to start, Chain 3 (counts as first dc) and put 4 dc into the loose slip knot or the magic ring. Chain 1 and put a tc into the loose slip knot. Chain 1 and put 5 dc into the loose slip knot. Draw up the tail and tighten the loose slip knot to close the hole. Chain 3 and turn your work. 

R2: Put a dc into the next stitch. Chain 1 and skip 1 and put a dc into the next double crochet. Chain 1, skip 1 and put a dc into the chain 1. Chain 3 and put a tc into the top of the tc. Chain 3 and put a dc into the chain 1. Chain 1 and put a dc into the top of the next dc. Chain 1, skip the next dc and in the next dc put a dc. Put a dc into the top of the chain 3. Chain 3 and turn your work.

R3: Put a dc into the next stitch. Skip the chain 1 and put 2 dc into the next dc. Chain 1, skip the chain 1 and put 2dc into the top of the next dc. Chain 1 and put 4 dc into the chain 3 space. Chain 2 and put a dc into the top of the tc. Chain 2 and put 4 dc into the chain 3 space. Chain 1 and put 2 dc into the next dc. Chain 1, skip the chain 1 and put 2 dc into the next dc. Skip the next chain 1 and put a dc into the top of the next dc and put a dc into the top of the chain 3.

Cut the yarn and crochet a second cat ear. And you're finished! 

Copyright ©2016 Alexandra Halsey
You may sell any finished items, but I do request that you put a link back to my pattern and credit Alexandra Halsey for the original design under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike license. Do not copy, share, download or publicly display this pattern without permission.

If you love this pattern you can purchase the pdf here.
Now you are ready to watch my next video on how to harden and attach the cat ears to a headband! Click here for the video and click here for the written instructions. If you haven't subscribed to my youtube channel, subscribe now so you won't miss anything! 

Soft hugs and